Acquiring and running a website is thought to be easy but keeping it well maintained and updated is sometimes very difficult. So, if you got a website, you got to be really very careful to maintain it well updated as per latest norms. If you see your website is experiencing any sort of problems like in response and performance. Just follow the given steps and try to troubleshoot the issues you are facing with your website and make your users smiling.
Anyone can easily identify if a website is facing any problem likely any typical issues normally slow down the response and the reduced performance affect using any tools like Google Developers Chrome DevTools, Web Page Analyzer, and Pingdom Website Speed Test etc.
Free Diagnostic Tools For Identifying Website’s Issues
You can either ask your website designer or any web design and development Company to fix the issues or use a free diagnostic tools on your own for identifying website response and performance issues if you see the reduced performance of your website. Once you run this tool for identifying the issues, you should know how to resolve those issues too. So, you will find here some typical resources, objects, elements, files, and other problem creating sources that really reduce the performance of websites. Thus, the websites underperform or show very sluggish response while running. Using the diagnostic tools will eliminate or at least reduce them quite a lot to let the websites function effectively.
Serve The Slowest Modem Connections
You should always make you’re your website must be accessible to the wide number of users, and keep one thing in your mind that there will be several users who simply might be using 56Kbps modem connections to access their Internet resources. Your website’s fastest load time will certainly serve the users having the slowest internet connections.
Improve Network Utilization
You will find certain items mentioned below are usually known to cause typical network utilization issues for any website. Below mentioned suggestions will support you to diminish such known bottlenecks:
1. Cookies – cookies are although very useful tools for your website, they are considered as slow downing response times of any website. You can easily manage your cookies by minimizing cookie file size just by restricting them to 3000 bytes or lesser as possible. Try eliminating the unnecessary cookies, also set them at any appropriate domain level, and function still content from a domain unable to serve cookies.
2. Images – You should also optimize the images you use for websites through following strategies:
- CSS nymphs are unified by grouping different images into a single file and then placing them within your CSS aids to decrease the number of requests.
- Data URI offers a technique to comprise data in-line and lets generally to separate elements likely images and style sheets which is called in a single HTTP request rather than from numerous HTTP requests.
- Identify the precise width and height in the code of the accurate image size; resizing images if they are larger than the specified coded dimensions.
3. Total HTML Files Size – Manage the total size of HTML files to below 50K to maintain load times down to least and to make sure response times of less than 10 seconds to serve the slowest modem 56K connections.
White Papers provided by Sprint
- You should try to keep the overall objects on each HTML web page document just under 20. The more objects you have the more inactivity can be projected, which will sluggish down response times. Object overhead adds to more than 80 percent of complete page inactivity issues.
- Try keeping the total size of the webpage files to 100K or even under to make sure loading and response times must stay under 20 seconds for slowest modem 56K connections.
Improving of Web Page Performance
Further, subsequent items will add support to improve webpage loading and response times and will provide your visitors a much better online practice.
- Optimize and enhance the order of CSS and script files to make sure link calls to external CSS files in the similar path and have them involved in the <head>. Inline styling contained by the <body> will too slow down reducing, so be definite all CSS is enclosed within the external CSS files. Entire script files should be positioned at the bottom of the <body> and simply before the closing </body> tag; this lets for an advanced demonstration of web page content.
- It’s necessary to remove unused CSS rules that are not employed by any web page, which requires to be loaded initially before any <body> content is loaded.
- Merging your CSS into a single file and resizing the CSS will continue a long way to improving style load times. Combining, refactoring, minifying, and GZIP compression are the major sources of optimizing your CSS.
- Try to merge your script <script> files to as much few as possible, as each external script file will increase more overhead to your web pages. Optimization techniques for script files contain the identical possibilities as CSS, Combining, refactoring, minifying, or even embed scripts where appropriate.
- An expiry date set in static HTTP resource headers will make noteworthy enhancements for browser response times and performance of the website as well.
- For instance, when, old web pages are renamed or shifted to any new locations, easy redirects are used at the least to cut out the round-trip times.
- Make sure the file name parameters are working in place of query strings to allow proxy caching for static resources.
- Another thing to be worried about resource hog fairly comparable to redirects is the bad request or Not Found responses that happen when your front end code has not been updated to return objects or resources that have shifted or have been renamed.
There you go, by fulfilling the above methods one can easily troubleshoot typical performance issues faced by your website. Hopefully, you can easily manage all such activities well so that your website can functional easily and your online users can get the fruitful benefits from your website whatever services you are providing them. Thus, they will easily browse your entire website to fulfill their requirements for landing on your domain.
- (no comments)