We have to follow specific principles or ideologies to practice something good while designing and developing websites. They cover proper guidelines to get designed a required business website with accessibility, content and linking strategies. But it also requires good practice to apply things behind the scenes likely code management of the website and, obviously fair dealings with the clients.
Website Design and Navigation
One should be really consistent while designing website and providing proper navigation for the users so that they should know where they stand on your websites. You should create an obviously flowing hierarchy of website pages so as to it becomes easily accessible within a few clicks, and also authorize a breadcrumb trail so that the users can maintain a track of their navigation. Designs should function successfully in all browsers: because there are quite differences found in the functioning way Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, etc. Render web pages however with the practice of stylesheets, designs should implement on different browsers.
If a new feature is obvious to use upon for the users with the maximum modern browsers, a substitute should be delivered for the visitors with older browsers that are unable to deal with the technology. The web page is viewed the best with the Browser X' label on a web page seems to be longing for the bad old days, before the website, when you had some chance of reading details written on another computer, word processor, or a network.
Even the principles of writing good content for the website does a great job. The required good content is applied to fulfill the website’s requirements across all the media. You should be clear and concise while describing the details of your business to be uploaded in your website.
You can keep George Orwell's six basic and necessary rules in mind while describing about your business details:
- Try never to use metaphor, simile or any other symbol of speech while writing the website content.
- You should never practice a long word where a short one can do better.
- Try to omit the unnecessary details which has nothing to do with your business or website at all.
- Never describe your details in the passive; so make sure to use the active sentences.
- Avoid using a foreign phrase, instead a scientific word or a jargon word.
You should ask your website development agency arpatech to use proper linking methods to connect the website pages by using the content to create appropriate linking to other pages in a smarter way.
Also, you got an option to maximize routes to significant content:
- Using a proper standard menu system will do a great job.
- Creating a site map
- Associating the content with RSS feed.
- Encouraging people to anchor to your website by generating relevant and fascinating content.
- Make sure your content is indexed effectively in search engines.
Contemplate the entire users through proper accessibility. Websites that are designed from scratch up to be manageable task enhanced for all users and you should be aware of:
- Visitors might face difficulties while reading small type on a screen.
- They may require catchy content to get their attraction.
- They may experience it tough or unbearable to use a mouse.
- The use of some color contrasts can create problem for few users.
- Include the most prominent languages for users.
You must also aim clearly to make the code clean, clear and standard; to make sure that the code imitates to present website standards will permit the utmost number of individuals to access the website through whatever browser they use.
Last, however precisely not least, you should try to execute all good ideologies so that you can bring something really good website to meet your business and provide effectiveness to your customers. The main important thing is to care customers and listen to their pains:
- Understand what your customers need from you and why they approach you.
- Explain the technology to your customers by practicing simple language.
- Always go beyond the potentials and provide effective services to your customers.
- (no comments)